Written by Frances Peck; copy edited by Meagan Kus
John Eerkes-Medrano is a freelance editor based in Victoria. A winner of the Tom Fairley Award for Editorial Excellence and a former vice-president of EAC, he also taught for many years in Simon Fraser University’s book editing immersion workshop.
John talks to EAC-BC member Frances Peck about editing narrative non-fiction, working with talented authors, and some of the quirkier experiences from his long and rich career.
If you’re new to editing or looking to brush up your substantive editing skills, this is the seminar for you: a full day in Victoria on March 29th with Yvonne van Ruskenveld on the ins and outs of stylistic and structural editing. Book before March 8th to get the early bird rate.
- What: Structural + Stylistic = Substantive Editing with Yvonne Van Ruskenveld
- When: 09h00–16h00, March 29, 2014
- Location: Room C112 David Strong Building, 3800 Finnerty Road, University of Victoria, Victoria
- Cost: Members, $120 (before March 8th) & $140 after; Non-members, $180 (before March 8th) & $200 after
- Register (closes March 21st)
For anyone who’s attending and would like to write a review for WCE, please contact Kerry or Anastasia at westcoasteditor(at)editors(dot).ca.